Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Chloe Turns 3- Madagascar Style

A few months ago I joined a site called Crowdtap where I get to connect with brands to share my opinion and get opportunities to try free products and even throw parties! Just last week I went shopping for a new bathing suit (free!) and got to take my sister along so she could get one too (free) from Old Navy. Crowdtap provided a Madagascar Party kit for me to throw this party.  If you would like to join Crowdtap (FREE- ALWAYS FREE) please click here and start tapping! 


Madagascar 3- We elaborated and celebrated!

Our little Chloe turned 3 on Saturday and with Madagascar 3 coming out Friday we decided we would throw her a Madagascar 3 party- watch all the movies- and go see the premier. It turned into an all day Madagascar affair!
#Crowdtap provided a digital kit with tons of goodies for us to use to decorate. We had a recipe for a cake, games, decorations, and face painting instructions. We logged onto www.MadagascarMovie.com to download even MORE fun things like stickers we used to decorate and 3-d paper toys that the older kids enjoyed the challenge of creating.
The night before I started on the cake after Clay had left for work- and well, between laundry, and helping the kids make decorations before bed I sorta forgot to set the timer and didn't realize it until we smelled something burning. I was in a panic. Chloe needed a birthday cake and I needed a main dessert.
And then I improvised. I had planned on making rainbow jello jars for the kids later in the week and decided 10pm on a Thursday night was as good a time as any to do them for the following day.
Now- if any of you have ever made them before, you know they take hours and hours to make since you need to allow the colors to cool between pouring. But I stayed up until 4 am and pulled it off. And frankly- it fit the circus theme of Madagascar quite well!

So the following morning we kicked off the party by watching ALL 3 movies. 


After the first two movies were over- we decided then was the time for treats!


For snacks we had popcorn, cotton candy and circus crackers. The kids also had lollipops for later and of course jello jars!



Face painting! (Pin the tale on Gloria in the background there along with spot the difference games, and 3-d paper toys.)

Noah was like - "mom this is itchy!"

After the kids started decorating their jello jars, we turned on the bubble machine for a while. *quick tip*- bubble machines are best used outdoors but if you DO use it indoors, its gets the floors soapy rather fast- so plan to mop up (but HEY! your floor is clean!)



These 3-d paper toys were fun for the older kids- available free to download from the above mentioned link.


Chloe getting wiggy with it! We all wore our noses to the movie later that night and Chloe sported her wig. Lots of fun :) (and of course my camera battery died the moment we pulled into the movie parking lot!)







The day ended with a trip to the cinema with 6 of the kids, Clay and I. The movie was hilarious- I mean, FUNNY. Even Clay and I were laughing out loud. The premise is the gang misses New York and wants to get home. They stumble into an old run down circus while trying to flee from a rogue animal control officer. They decide the best way to make it back to NYC is to perform in an amazing circus so that an American promotor might want to bring them back to the states. 
The movie was great for all ages. Clay and I and 6 of the kids met back up with my cousin and her children so our group of 12 ranged from ages 2 1/2 years to us old fogeys! 




















No comments:

Post a Comment